It is at the Stornoway Town Hall at 7.00pm and will involve presentations and discussions on Common Grazings, the role of the Crofting Commission and current policy issues affecting crofting.
You don’t have to be a SCF member to attend and all are welcome.
The panellists are:-
- Russell Smith – SCF Vice-Chair
- Brendan O’Hanrahan – SCF director
- Lucy Carmichael – Scottish Government Crofting Policy
- Brian Inkster – Crofting Lawyer, Inksters Solicitors
- Patrick Krause – SCF Chief Executive
The meeting will be chaired by Donald Macsween – Lewis crofter, SCF member and activist.
A lively discussion is expected given the recent controversy surrounding alleged abuse of power within the Crofting Commission arising from what this blog has dubbed ‘The Common Clearances‘. Recent revelations have shown that the Crofting Commission knowingly acted contrary to their own policies, procedures and legal advice. All this and more will be up for debate on Wednesday night in Stornoway.